Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Currently

Just a few items:

  • I know I'm a nerd when I get overly excited about joining a student club called "The Texas A&M University Student Chapter of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine." Like, seriously. I went through photographs of their meetings and activities... Oh, the technology that we get to use! I can not wait! I also plan to join the Zoo, Exotics, and Wildlife club, mostly because ferrets, guinea pigs, and birds fall under this group. Other than that, I do not know. Green Vets, Sheltering Vets, or the club pertaining to animal behavior.

  • When filling out the immense amount of paperwork that I must complete (as of lately, it has been paperwork regarding housing and financial aid), I immediately and by instinct begin to list family members as references/emergency contacts. Then I remember that I have a wonderful man who wants to spend the rest of his life with me and who really ought to be one of the main contacts. I am so, so lucky. I love my Dustin.

  • I can't help but wonder what my critters will think about the move. Smartie and Miguel, I'm sure, will think nothing of it. Actually, I think they will prefer to live in an apartment with me as the only human inhabitant, no other person to tell them what to do. Just me, the girl who lets them climb on anything, sleep on anything, scratch anything... They are going to love it! Cholula Belle will be thrilled as well. As my little explorer, I am sure she is going to have a tremendously wonderful time getting to know the new place and squeezing her butt into new locales. Canelo Dog is the one I worry about. He has his routine here in Dallas. He knows how to tell when I'm home, he knows to stay in my bedroom unless spoken to, he knows to go directly into my bedroom after our walks and await his treat, he knows where to turn when we go on our walks. [sigh] I like to think that as long as he is with me, he will be happy. My sweet old dog.

I better get on with my day. It's past three already. Blah!

No comments:

Post a Comment