Tuesday, March 20, 2012

How it is

The problem with breaks from school is that I go to Dallas and have incredible times. Life is grand and worry-free. I come back here and miss it all so much. It's almost unbearable. What's sad is that I don't think about it at all while I'm at school. I leave home at around seven in the morning and don't return until close to six. The entire time that I'm away, all I can think is about how badly I want the day to end so that I can go home.

Then I come home. And my loneliness consumes me.

My best friends aren't just a few miles away. My cousins aren't down or across the street. My mom isn't here to hug me and ask me if I'm hungry. I don't get to kiss Dustin hello after a long, tiring day.

I know, I know. It will all be worth it when I'm a doctor, and believe me, this is where I want to be. I just wish all the ones I love were here with me.

To end on a positive note... One more thing I'm thankful for: coming home to Canelo, Cholula, Miguel, and Smartie. I'd be a complete mess without my beloved babies, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment