Wednesday, May 18, 2011

All I write about is vet school.

Good news! I finally received my packet from vet school earlier this week. It's the packet with my new email accounts, instructions on how to sign in to the vet school web portal, how to sign up to have a mentor, information about orientation, a list of the student organizations on campus, and that dreaded supply list. There will be plenty of shopping for me to do this summer. Lab coats, coveralls, stethoscope, dissection kit, and books books books! Thank goodness they sent the supply list so early. It gives me time to get everything I need.

Today was hectic, because of vet school preparations. I was all over town getting documents together so that I can apply for a very, very important scholarship, one that I am almost guaranteed to get simply because I have two foreign-born parents. Today involved going to Eastfield for a financial aid transcript, then going to Kinkos to 1) print a pdf copy of my tax return from my travel drive, 2) make copies of my parents' tax return and W2s along with my own W2, and 3) fax financial aid transcript requests to TCU and A&M. After that, I came home to update my FAFSA application. As a professional student in the health field, I need to include my parents' information on my application in order to get even more federal help. Gotta get that money! Gotta pay for my place, my food, my babies' food, and freakin' health insurance!

One thing that I was completely excited about when I got my packet: by joining the Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association at A&M, I will be able to purchase Science Diet pet food for 80% off! Awesome, since that's what Canelo, Miguel, and Smartie already eat. I currently get it through work for a reasonable discount, but 80% off?! Wowzers. They'll be better fed than I am!

The countdown continues: 95 days until my first day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment