Friday, November 25, 2011

Football, Immunology, Clothes. Quite a triumvirate.

Last night I went to the A&M football game against the Longhorns. I scored a free ticket, but had to sit (er, stand) with a group of complete strangers. Is there such a thing, though? Strangers? At an A&M football game? We're all Aggies, we're all the 12th Man. I was high-fived and hugged multiple times by people that I had never met before. Ah, it's that Spirit of Aggieland. It's Kyle Field. How I love it!

By the fourth quarter, I was freezing my ass off. Then I had to walk all alone in the cold from the stadium to my apartment. To make matters worse, since it was past eleven by the time I was able to get out of the stadium, it was obviously dark outside and at some points during my walk, I could not see where I was stepping. I was less than halfway home when I ended up stepping in some sort of puddle. Since I was wearing  a pair of Vans sneakers, my feet were soaked. Wonderful. Have I mentioned that it was effin' cold last night?

Since last Friday morning, I have been fighting some sort of bug. It started with a scratchy throat, some coughing, and then culminated with a horribly runny nose and incessant sneezing on Tuesday night. My body is young and able. I am also currently enrolled in an (veterinary) immunology course, which has taught me that unless one's body is absolute shit, it can take care of pretty much any bug that manages to shake things up. It is such an intricate process, one involving multiple body systems and a vast array of body cells, all very well coordinated and working together to make things normal again. Throwing drugs into the mix is just a way of telling your body that it sucks and you don't have faith in it. It only confuses its amazing lymphatic/immune system, so I refused to take anything. After my incident last night, though, I was almost certain that just as I was beating this "illness" (I can't really call it an illness when I never lost my appetite nor my ability to work out) I was going to jack things up again. Nope. I'm good. Way to go, T-cells, B-cells, antibodies, macrophages, mast cells, neutrophils, and dendritic cells. Y'all rock my world.

Changing the subject, I am obsessed with clothes. Remember my recent post about how I re-organized my closet? Well, I did so out of my obsession with clothes. I do not spend a ridiculous amount of money on them, mind you. I am a very thrifty shopper and RARELY spend more than fifteen dollars on one item of clothing (not even jeans!). In fact, I have added five additional pieces to my closet in the last week and spent less than thirty dollars on them all together. They are quite cute too!

Dustin (you know, that wonderful boyfriend of mine) introduced me to a show called House Hunters a while back. Has anyone ever watched it? It involves people "shopping" around for houses/homes. They get to pick out of three choices and you follow them along as they go from place to place and comment on what they like and dislike about each house they are shown. Often, they list what is on their "wish list" for their new home. I constantly tell Dustin that number one on my wish list is HUGE walk-in closets. Not even joking. Besides the fact that they allow pets, it's probably one of the main reasons I chose the apartment I live in now. Dustin always tells me that I have too much clothes and that it's ridiculous. He's right, but we all have our vices, don't we?

With that, I tell you this: I wish I was a paper doll! To be able to change from one outfit to the next in just a wink. Fabulous!

So many choices, oh la la.

I bet y'all know what I am going to say next... Back to studying! Weeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment