Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Into week two

My health and wellness plan is off to a good start. I only wish that today wasn't such a rainy day so that I could go for a run. I will have to play catch up this weekend instead. I also wish that the sun wouldn't set so early so that I could run after getting home from work, but let's not get back into the whole "I Hate Winter" discussion once more.

The point is that I am eating well, exercising regularly, paying attention to my intake of nutrients (especially those lacking in a vegetarian diet), and starting the year off with much-needed energy. The one thing I have to work on is sleeping better during my work week. Oh, that's a tough one for me.

I have started the new semester this week after pondering whether or not to take a break for the first eight weeks and take once class from March to May. I decided to just stick with the program and get shit done instead. The class I am taking should be interesting. It's about health care in America...

I have other things on my plate as well, which is why I was so hesitant to register for school. I have to find the right balance in life, though, and not let school and work rule my world. Overall, I have a feeling that this will be a great year for me, as long as I take it week by week, remain focused, and remember to enjoy all that is happening to me.



2 comments: