Tuesday, January 8, 2013

More thoughts about critters

Today was a weird day at work. Although I have been through it myself, it breaks my heart to see families so distraught over the loss of a furry family member. My heart breaks for the brave little critters, but also for the people whose lives will have a terrible void that can not be filled. I still cry over the ones I have lost along the way, even though it's been years since I have had to endure such losses. I guess, being the positive thinker that I am, it is at least comforting to know that those animals were loved and that good, loving pet-owners do exist.

When I got home from work this evening, old Canelo Dog enthusiastically greeted me. He hopped about and wagged his tail. Every day I see that tail wag is a day I have a reason to smile. Smartie followed me around when I got home and started meowing for food. I found Cholula all snuggled up underneath a blanket on my bed. Miguel purred for me when I gave him a "hello" pat on the head.

That's really all I have to say. Love your critters, y'all. Spoil them and always be thankful for the moments you are lucky enough to share with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment