Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday night

Every night, I procrastinate. I wait and wait and wait to walk my dog because there always seems to be so much else to do. Then, when I can wait no longer, I drag myself to do it and complain a little in my mind. Once I'm out there walking him, though... I love every second. I love being outdoors. I love that it's just me and him. I love the sounds and the feel of being out there.

The property that we live on is very well kept. There is a pond in the middle of it, which we cross during every walk we take. There's a natural spring with a soft little roar and lily pads growing from its depths. There are trees, there are turtles, there is thriving grass. It's all so perfect.

During our walk tonight, it started to rain. I didn't expect it, but I didn't mind it because it felt cool and refreshing. Sprinklers also went off on us. Definitely didn't expect those. Canelo seemed aloof to it all so if he wasn't bothered by it, there was no reason for me to be either.

I don't feel ready to start another work week. It's ridiculous because the past two weekends have been long weekends. There was Memorial Day weekend and last weekend, I went to Denver. I guess I just haven't done enough unwinding and relaxing. I unwind best by writing or creating or running. I haven't been doing much of any.

Here's to a better week!

No comments:

Post a Comment