Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wide awake

I love being up before seven on my days off. No sarcasm, I really do love it. Mornings are my favorite. I love the lighting in my apartment. I love stepping outside and seeing all the animals prepping for their days. The squirrels running about. All the birds chirping and flapping. The turtles swimming here and there. I love that the clamor of humans has yet to get going. And now that it's (unofficially) summer in Texas, I love how cool the mornings are.

I should have gone for a run this morning, but I'm too busy taking the morning in. Soon, it will be too late (because it's too hot) for me to go. It's all right, though. Tonight, I'm running at least three miles with a running club I just joined. It will be my first time running with them. They formed last year so I am sure other members are already familiar with one another. That's okay, though. I'm just going to fit myself in!

We are already almost three weekends into June, which should be a wake-up call to me. I cannot let this summer pass me by without doing everything I want to do! This happens every year: I have high hopes for the summer, but then it passes me by without me even realizing it! No excuses this year. I am only on-call once this summer and as far as I know, I will not be working any weekends. Gotta make things happen.

Okay. I need to go enjoy the fact that I am up this early. Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment