Saturday, October 29, 2011

Music always picks me up.

El Bolero de Ravel. My uncle introduced me to this piece of music when I was around ten years old. I had more than likely heard it before, but he had me listen to it carefully and gave an identity to it. Since then, it has remained one of my favorite pieces, one that I could listen to repeatedly, one that can give me some uplifting. The music may seem repetitive to some, but you have to listen to the intricacy of all the instruments and how they all play off one another. It's perfect, especially the closer it gets to its magnificent end.

This video makes me so happy. I just found it a few minutes ago and have already watched it three times. I cried the first time I watched it. No idea why, I'll figure that out later. I just felt an urgent need to share it. So here it is:


I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, even if you don't love Bolero as I love it.

On a side note, I desperately wish I knew how to play an instrument, any instrument. Maybe it is something I can accomplish somewhere down the line. Something else to look forward to amidst all the  funk surrounding me as of lately.

Happy Saturday, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment