Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Elmyra

"I'm gonna hug you and kiss you and love you forever!"

That's what Elmyra from Tiny Toons would say to all the animals she would find and keep. It was hilarious.

Dustin and I went to his parents' house during the break to look through box after box of old toys. When this one surfaced, I told his mom that when I was little, I would sometimes be called Elmyra because of how much I loved animals myself. His mom told me to keep this toy and it's sitting on my bookcase now. Regardless of what Dustin thinks, I intend for it to be part of my future home's decor somehow. Coming from Dustin's mom and being a reminder of my wonderful childhood and the fact that I've always loved animals? I love it. It's the simple little gifts that mean the most and make me happy.

Tiny and toony.

No comments:

Post a Comment