Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Moving on without me

Today's photo comes courtesy of my first trip to the new SPCA of Texas animal shelter. Technically, it wasn't my first visit to the building itself. I went there several times years ago for varying reasons. You know, back when I worked for them. My fellow employees and I would be sent there to unload donations from trucks, to undergo further training, to pick animals up... But this was years ago when that place was just a warehouse with offices in it. Now, it's an animal shelter. A very nice one at that.

I just had to see it. Especially because when I started working for the SPCA, back in August 2006 (geeze, I'm old!), I was told that the new shelter would be opening in two years and that we'd all be transferred to work there. I had such high hopes for the new place... A state of the art shelter for animals. How exciting! But the two years passed, the economy crashed, and we never moved. I ended up leaving the SPCA to work at an animal clinic, with not even a small sign that the transformation from warehouse to shelter was going to begin soon.

Five and a half years after I started, and two and a half years after I quit, it finally opened. I wish I could have seen the back, where most of the action happens, but I couldn't, of course. Still, I'm so happy for the animals and hope great things happen for them all.

Noice.

No comments:

Post a Comment